Chargeback Protection Policy
In the rare case that NoFraud wrongly deems a fraudulent charge legitimate, you'll be reimbursed for the full charge. Here are the details.
What is Covered:
- Chargebacks on transactions NoFraud received, screened and marked as a "Pass."
- Chargebacks due to fraud or unauthorized charges, usually as a result of stolen account or card information. (Please see the "Chargeback Reason Code" list below.)
What is not Covered:
- Chargebacks from transactions that NoFraud did not screen.
- Transactions where goods were shipped to an address other than the shipping address listed on the order.
- Orders for goods that have not been delivered.
- Orders without proof of delivery.
- Phone orders accepted without using the NoFraud Phone Screening function.
- Goods that have been recovered and returned to the customer.
- Chargebacks from a transaction that was on the customer’s whitelist.
- Chargebacks due to integration errors.
- Chargebacks that NoFraud is prevented from disputing on the customer’s behalf.
- Chargebacks that NoFraud disputed on a customer's behalf and the chargeback value was returned to the customer.
- Chargebacks from transactions that NoFraud assigned the status of "Review" that later resulted in a status of "Fail" or "Fraudulent."
Chargebacks due to errors made by the customer, card processor, or shipper. Some examples include:
- Duplicate charges
- Refunds not processed
- Items not delivered
- Items not as described
- Items defective/broken
- Transactions for which NoFraud has not been provided all critical data fields to verify authenticity.
- PayPal Guest Checkout transactions.
How to submit a request for reimbursement
- To submit a chargeback on an order, locate the transaction in the NoFraud portal and click the red “Submit Chargeback” button on the top right hand corner of the screen.
- A chargeback reimbursement request must be submitted by the customer to NoFraud within 7 days of receipt of a chargeback notification.
When submitting a request, the customer must provide:
- A copy of the chargeback notification.
- Proof of delivery of goods. Acceptable forms of proof include carrier tracking information that confirms delivery to the shipping address and/or signature confirmation documentation.
- Any other available information related to the chargeback.
- NoFraud must be given the authorization to communicate with the payment processor, as well as access to any applicable customer portals and third-party platforms, to dispute the chargebacks on the customer's behalf. Failure to provide the requisite authorization and access information, and/or any attempt by the customer to dispute the chargeback on their own, will disqualify the transaction from Chargeback Protection Coverage.
- When the chargeback is resolved, the customer must provide NoFraud with the resolution copy within 7 days of receipt.
- Customers will be provided a NoFraud Rate Agreement with a custom rate based on their website’s credit card transaction information that we receive.
- International orders are subject to an additional 0.2% fee.
- Refer to the NoFraud Rate Agreement for individual maximum coverage. The default maximum coverage is $5,000/transaction.
- NoFraud reserves the right to adjust the chargeback protection rate. In such an event, NoFraud will provide the customer with 14 days notice.
Terms and Conditions
Chargeback Protection will only be provided for qualified transactions for which NoFraud has received all critical data fields, in a form and substance satisfactory to NoFraud, including but not limited to:
- customer IP address
- transaction total value
- invoice number
- billing address (street, state, zip, city, country)
- shipping information (list of tangible goods and destination address information)
- phone number
- email address
- shipping cost(s)
- Orders over $2,000 require a signature confirmation for Chargeback Protection eligibility.
- Customers using a Content Delivery Network (CDN) or another proxy must ensure that the customer IP is sent to NoFraud and not that of the CDN/Proxy. Customer IP is a critical field and lack thereof limits the effectiveness of our verification. It is a mandatory field for Chargeback Protection. Please reach out to one of our NoFraud Integration Specialists for assistance on this matter, if needed.
- Companies selling digital goods will have a waiting period before they are eligible for Chargeback Protection. Please contact us for more details.
- If NoFraud obtains additional information that indicates a transaction is fraudulent after the goods have been shipped, NoFraud will request from the customer that they intercept the package before delivery. NoFraud will cover the associated fees in most cases.
- Failure to intercept the package in a timely manner may disqualify the transaction from Chargeback Protection.
- PayPal Guest Checkout transactions are not covered.
- If a transaction is paid by check, the goods cannot be released until the check is received and cleared for five days. NoFraud requires a copy of all checks made out for $500 or more.
- Notification of a second chargeback and/or pre-arbitration needs to be submitted to NoFraud as a new dispute.
Chargeback Reasons Codes:
Fraud (Card Not Present) / No Cardholder Authorization
- Code #10.4
- Code #37
- Code #F24
- Code #F29
- Code #UA02
- Code #7030
Transaction Not Recognized